Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cold Crops

A week ago we had a snow storm here in Philly, followed by some really cold days, but this past weekend was so spring-like I couldn't resist buying some cold weather crops at my local greenhouse. These are all organic starts from Primex in Glenside, Pa. I'll have to watch the weather and get some plastic over these if we get some low temperatures in the coming weeks, but I think these will do just fine. I've got Baby Bok Choi, Chinese Cabbage, Mustard Greens, Lettuce, and Rocket; enough to get me started on some really great organic greens much earlier than I usually harvest anything. As these mature and I harvest them, I'll replace them with greens that I grow from seed myself.

baby bok choi 3.8.2009

lettuce 3.8.2009

Primex Garden Center

No comments: