Wednesday, June 10, 2009

a walk through the garden...

Just a quick walk through the garden to see how things are progressing on June 10th.


First stop is the Patio Tomatoes which have a nice amount of flowers and I was pleasantly surprised to find this Ladybug standing guard...



The Tomatoes are growing nicely in the enhanced soil. I seem to notice a change in their size every day, but still no flowers yet. I lined the perimeter of the bed with yellow Marigolds. They look nice and they are a natural pest preventer...





Pepper bed is looking good. I planted two each of five different types of peppers, ranging from Thai Dragon and Tabasco to Sweet Banana and a mild Jubilee pepper...



I have never grown Pumpkins before because I don't really have the room. This year I am experimenting with two plants in a large pot, hoping the vine will spill over and I can train it around the base of my large Oak tree. We'll see what happens...




The Highbush Blueberries seem to be doing well. I'm not sure they are getting enough sun. I might move them to a different location at the end of the season...



I have grown Strawberries for the past several years now. They don't get enough sun so they do not produce very many berries, and the ones they do produce get eaten before I can ever harvest them. Oh well, they look nice in the herb garden...

2 comments:

saturday's child said...

I think it's good for us to have some things in the garden that we can't harvest and leave for some birds & bugs. Somehow I think it encourages them to stick around and eat some of the other things we don't want in our gardens.

alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.