Sunday, August 23, 2009

french babies...



I get so excited about tomatoes, I tend to forget about the other crops I grow. I planted French Baby Carrots and Detroit Red Beets in one of the new raised beds I built this year. That area of the yard doesn't get full sun, so the Beets didn't get very big, and some full sized carrots I grew haven't matured at all. But the French Babies are wonderful! Beautiful little carrots averaging around one inch long, but many of them are little marble sized balls. They are sweet and delicious! Next year I am going to cut down on the number of beets and double the amount of baby carrots!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Good quote on side bar.
Love carrots almost as much as tomatoes !

Christopher Paquette said...

Thanks Patsi ! ... and I LOVE your heirloom tomato blog!